Tuesday, September 2, 2008

closet laborers

Labor Day weekend is supposed to be a time for rest from the daily grind, right? Not if you're training for two marathons and renovating a house!

We kicked off our weekend with a Saturday of framing and antiquing. Kyle framed the new closets in our master bedroom-to-be, while I scoured the row of antique shops on York Road for decorating ideas. I found this great mirror for above the fireplace, but need to get them to come down a little on the price before buying it. And Kyle got this far on the closets.
Sunday started off with a 20 mile race for me at the North Central Railroad Trail. It was a tough, boring race, but I came in third in my age group!! I was psyched. And somehow managed to stay awake all afternoon playing with five little girls between the ages of 4 months and 4 years.
We slept in on Monday, then spent the rest of the day hanging drywall on the closets. We're thinking of starting the first ever husband & wife drywall business. Here are the results, along with a black fingernail (Kyle) and a few blisters (me) to show for them!
This weekend showed us that we're on pace for two things: to have the bedroom complete by the end of September and to be ready for holiday company, and just maybe...to qualify for Boston!

2 comments:

The Riggalls said...

You guys are really coming along with that house. The parts that are finished look amazing. I'm sure when it's all complete, you will be quite pleased. Kyle looks like he knows what he's doing.

The Riggalls said...

Oh by the way, if you give me your email address, I will email you our new address. I'd rather not post it on the internet.