The guys got the box spring upstairs! Here is the play by play from Kyle who is sitting beside me, but who has trouble typing on the mini keyboard of his toughbook work computer.
1. Cut or pull back dustcover and fabric from bottom and sides of box spring.
2. Cut side and center length struts - cut in one place where you anticipate bending to navigate staircase.
3. Bend while carrying up tight staircase.
4. Place 2x4 blocks at cuts and re-attach struts using screws.
5. Google for better directions.
Sorry folks, he's a tired little guy tonight. It was a long day of doing little to nothing for a home building suffering from the economy. He did cook a mean pad thai dinner though.